About Me

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Grand Opening!

As I told you before, I am MOVING to a brand new school next year! I am so excited, I can hardly wait for to get started on my room!

Today was the Dedication Ceremony for the new school. I was amazed at how many people came. It was humbling! There are some great people who are counting on us to take care of their most precious things next year and it overwhelms me. It's true anywhere you teach, but it comes to surface when there's something new or different going on.

Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure. This school has some great features, like a water fountain that has room to refill a water bottle. Awesome!!!

Front of the School

Commons Area (Blurry, sorry)


Detail of the stair rails. Those are recycled magazine strips. Very "green" building.



My classroom, with a sink AND a bathroom! And cubbies!!!





So, I need some help! I've never had the built in type closet before. How do you organize your stuff? I threw a ton of my old stuff away, but I'm not sure how to organize my stuff. As many ideas you can give me will be appreciated. I think I'm going to go with a rainbow/primary colors kind of theme since my floor is BLUE! Also, I need to buy a carpet. Any advice in that area?!

I'd love to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. Your new school and classroom are gorgeous! Love the blue and white. I use a lot of the plastic storage bins with lids for a lot of the storage in my closet- especially various art/craft supplies. Have fun decorating! Can't wait to see it in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new school is awesome! I am quite envious of your new room! I agree with Mikaela, plastic storage bins with lids and labels so you know what's in each one. I'm excited to see what your room will look like. You truly have a blank slate!
    -Megan

    First Grade Magic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!