About Me

Sunday, July 8, 2012

No Sew Curtains

I've been a busy bee as far as decorating my classroom goes...Have I worked on any curriculum? We won't go there. But my classroom will be CUTE! I'm excited because this will truly be the first year that it's cute. As I've told you before, I'm not cutsey or crafty, but sshhh...if you don't tell, I won't either. I'm pretending. And thanks to Pinterest, I've begun to believe I am. :)

So, last year, I read somewhere about no sew curtains. I had no idea. See? I wasn't kidding about not being crafty. I am not able to sew really, but I can use some glue. So, I thought, I'll give it a try. And low and behold I made some no sew curtains and I had  a Puppy Dog theme in my classroom last year. So, ok, I've had kind of cute classrooms before. The kids liked them, anyway. But this year, we'll all like it because I picked my fabrics first. I knew I wanted a fabric with royal blue in it because I had just painted my shelves blue. So I went on a search and found this fabric at Joanne's...


Isn't it fabulous?!?! I love it!!! This is the fabric I'm going to use on the crate seats I'm going to make. If my husband would ever cut the boards for me. Anyway, I got some lime green and white polka dotted fabric to make the curtains for my windows and my shelves where I keep my books and manipulatives and center stuff. Then, to make it cute (so the kids can enjoy it too, I guess) I'm going to decorate with some cute frogs! I'm so excited!!!  I'll take pictures and keep you posted on how things are going.

I finished the curtains for my windows.  Wanna see?

Boring Window

Cute Window!
Yes, I am proud of myself! So, does anyone want to try this and need directions? These were sooooo easy to make! If anyone needs directions, just leave a comment and I will post directions in a No Sew Curtains Part 2 Post!

Thanks for stopping by!!! And if you're not already following, I'd love if you would and leave me a comment! Okay?! Okay.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, you read my mind! This is on my to make list for my classroom. I would love further instructions please! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!