About Me

Monday, July 16, 2012

Daily 5 Chapter 5

Better late than never, right?

I sorta got lost... I couldn't find where you guys went (who was hosting the next chapter that is) and everytime I went to check, my computer would freeze on me. Then I'd get tired of restarting and I'd just have to go to bed. I can only blog when my children are asleep, so that means around lunchtime (and I'm eating then, duh) or after they go to bed at night.
So, here I am finally!!!

And I finally figured out our hosts...




Castles and Crayons

DillyDabbles




So, this chapter talks about Read to Someone and Listen to Reading. Since I've never done the Daily 5, I LOVE how there are step by step and day by day lessons to get started. I came across the appendix in the back and I love how the lessons are already in a handy chart for me! Very helpful!

What I'm really thinking about is how I'm going to incorporate this in many ways. I will use these both in the ways they are intended, but I also plan to expand these to work with our new "5th Grade Buddies." See, my BFF teaching partner and life coach and partner in crime and whatever else you want to call her has devastated me. She is moving...to 5th Grade!!!! And she's only taught K and 1!!!! Crazy, right?!?! Well, it's a long story, but basically, she was asked and she's too nice to say no to almost anyone, so she's moving. Far, far away. Down another hall. My life may be over.

But never fear! We've figured out that our classes will be buddies! And they can help each other out. The firsties will love having "Big Kids" in the room and the 5th graders will love being teachers. I really think it will be great for all the kids and I think the 5th graders could be really good models and good listeners.

What do you think? Have you done anything like this before? Do you have any advice?

Well, we're in the home stretch as far as the book goes! Almost done! I'm ready to finish it and get started! Without the summer being over. And without school starting.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!