About Me

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Shhhhh...be vewy vewy quiet...

Howdy y'all! Sorry I haven't been posting as often as I'd like but you know it's still really the first of the year so...Yes! It is still the first of the year. I'm choosing to deny the fact that progress reports go out a week from Tuesday. That's just crazy talk! Anyhoo...I hope you are having a great weekend. We have had rain all day and my team, the Razorbacks lost today. I'm still upset, but I'm loyal. We got killed by Alabama today but that's ok. We'll get me someday! I am so excited though! I am posting today on my brand new iPad!!!!!!! I just got it Friday and it's wonderful. I wrote a grant and got it and now have this wonderful new blogging tool technology for my students to use in the classroom!!! I mean, of course I've gotta test it out and make sure it works, right! Ha! I'm kidding of course just don't tell anyone! I am seriously looking for some great apps to download. The free-er the better! I would love to hear of any suggestions you may have. I did just download Bugs and Buttons and it's good. My 5 year old really likes it. It seems to have a lot of counting and abc activities but I need to explore it some more. Any other great App ideas? Please share and maybe we could all get some new ideas! Thanks! And I hope if you have a team, they won!

2 comments:

  1. I have my own iPad that the kiddos get to use once in a while. (They are all sick and slimy right now..lol) I mainly have let them just use Storia (from Scholastic...gives you some free books right away) for now. All the other apps I used to let them use are now on our iPod.

    Here are some we use on our class iPod right now:
    Voice Memo
    Camera
    Funny Movie Maker (adds your mouth to a funny picture and you record yourself talking...great for making movies to post with anonymous kiddos!)
    Scan (QR scanner for games/worksheets/etc)
    Zoom
    Hungry Fish (I love this one)
    My Math App
    Adding Apples
    Sea Math
    Skype

    Hope that helps you some! I think they were all free...

    Angi
    ★ First-Graders from Outer Space ★

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angi
      Thanks so much for all those great ideas! I can't wait to check them out!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!